The Historical Bulletin was first published in 1958 by editor Boyd Johnson, making it one of the first county historical journals in Arkansas. The publication has received sixteen awards from the Arkansas Historical Association for articles and overall presentation. The informative articles are an excellent resource for those researching the Grand Prairie region’s history.
Publication of the Grand Prairie Historical Bulletin has played a major role in achieving the society’s objective of collecting and preserving data on the early history of Arkansas County and the surrounding region. The award-winning journal has provided a vehicle for contributors to share diverse historical topics with current members as well as future generations.
Visit our For Sale section to purchase available back issues and for a downloadable copy of our index to the Historical Bulletin 1958 - 2015.